Adding different text response allows the virtual assistant to randomly pick a response to return to the end-user.
How is this useful?
Having different responses helps the bot to sound more lively. This is commonly used for small talk modules like emotions to give a variation in answers.
Examples of text variation:
- Would you mind asking that again with more detail?
- Please tell me a bit more so I can help you better.
- Say a few more words about what you’re looking for, so I can find something more useful for you.
How do I add text variation to my content node?
- After a content node is created, click on ‘+’, followed by ‘Text Variation’ to add a new text variation.
- Click on the text box to add or edit the response.
- To save, click on the tick icon below the text box.
- To add more text responses, click on the ‘+’ below the text box, and click on the tick icon below to save the text responses.
- Click on the tick on the header bar to save the node.
Validation Check: All text responses cannot be empty.